How to Strengthen Workplace Security Through Video Training
Your biggest security blindspot isn't lurking outside, its hiding in plain sight. Level up your employees, level up your security
Published January 22, 2024.
Accidents, theft, and cyberattacks—a nightmare for any business. Companies that fail to address vulnerabilities risk facing crippling damage, as research shows the average cost of handling a physical security breach is a staggering $100,000.
With that in mind, let's explore how you can use video training to equip your employees with the knowledge and skills to spot, stop, and report security threats before they escalate.
» Discover the best way to record professional training videos
Benefits of Video Training for Cybersecurity
- Engagement and Retention: Watching someone do it step-by-step makes learning complex skills feel real and engaging, not just reading about them.
- Consistency: All employees get the same study material and training quality.
- Confidence: Employees can rewind, pause, and replay critical steps until they feel confident.
- Convenience and Flexibility: Videos offer on-demand access so employees can learn anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- Inclusivity and Versatility: Subtitles, audio, and visuals make learning more accessible for everyone, no matter how you learn or what language you speak.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Creating a video is a once-off expense; you can reuse the content for multiple training sessions.
Did You Know?
Research by Stanford found that 88% of data breaches are linked to human error, highlighting the critical role of proactive training to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
» Want engaging employee training videos? Learn how to add a voiceover
How to Use Security Training Videos for Employees
Imagine your employees learning safety and security best practices while doing their everyday jobs. Short, clear video clips showing proper workflows alongside tips seamlessly blend into their routines.
These mini-lessons even let them practice responding to real-world threats like phishing scams or emergencies in simulated scenarios—all in a safe environment. You can also quickly update these clips with the latest cyber tactics and vulnerabilities using automated video creation tools like guidde.
No matter where your employees are, they can access this consistent training on platforms like YouTube or your company's intranet, keeping everyone informed and prepared for anything.
»Managing virtual employees? Learn how to train remote teams
Optimize Training Using the ADDIE Method
The ADDIE method helps create a practical learning experience through a structured yet flexible approach. Follow these steps when creating your video training:
- Identify your objectives while considering your content, audience, and constraints.
- Offer detailed information while maintaining conciseness.
- Use MP3s or MP4s to overcome connectivity challenges.
- Develop an outline of the structure, content, and instructional strategies using storyboards and assessments.
- Consider your approach, e.g., voiceovers, subtitles, infographics, dramatizations, or animations.
- Follow a focused script and instructional design principles.
- Shoot and edit the video to remove unnecessary content, ensuring the final product communicates the intended message.
- Include supplementary materials like written guides or job aids for a well-rounded learning experience.
- Publish the video in a manner that's easily accessible.
- Use feedback mechanisms, follow-up videos, and performance metrics to gauge the impact.
- Assessing employee engagement can be challenging, so use multiple methods like retention analysis and follow-up surveys.
- Evaluate employees' retention and comprehension through quiz scores, participation rates, and feedback to gauge the effectiveness of security training videos.
- Measure improvements in incident response and security-related behaviors to assess the practical impact of the training on workplace security.
- Identify weaknesses and areas for improvement.
»Elevate your training by creating compelling how-to videos
Use AI to Your Advantage
AI can analyze your content to generate quick, clear video outlines, saving you scriptwriting time. It can also automatically edit and polish your footage, speeding up post-production.
You can even skip the recording studio—AI tools like guidde generate natural-sounding voiceovers for your videos. They even help you tailor your content to specific audiences, ensuring it's relevant and engaging.
» Learn how AI can personalize videos for employee education
Beyond Lectures: Video's Dawn in the Age of Security Awareness
Workplace safety is no longer a luxury; it's a necessity. And video training improves it by teaching employees to minimize risks and strengthen security proactively.
AI-driven tools like guidde can help edit workplace security videos, ensuring efficiency without compromising time or quality. Risks and threats are ever-present, but through proactive training, you can reduce them and create a workforce that's confident, vigilant, and prepared for anything.
Explore the future of AI video creation
Free version available
Ease of use
Easy for beginners
Guidde helps you quickly create instructional videos for onboarding and customer support by using AI-assisted workflow capture to create a detailed description of the process. Plus, the interactive elements help you make your videos engaging.
The free tier gives you up to 25 how-to videos, making Guidde a suitable option to test the features before committing to a paid plan.
Why choose guidde
Guidde's easy-to-use interface and AI-powered features simplify the video creation process. Its interactive elements and comprehensive pricing options make it ideal for novices and non-designers, enabling them to communicate and educate the audience effectively.
Pros and cons
Captures workflow automatically
Comprehensive pricing tiers
Variety of use cases
No phone app
Chrome and Microsoft edge extensions only